Sunday, May 11, 2014

A few catches from 2012 & 2013

Since I'm a bit new to this blogging stuff, I suppose I ought to post pictures of some fish I've caught since I've started fly fishing in May 2012.

Here is my first Steelhead on a fly in Dec 2012. It took a size 8 good ol trusty black woolly bugger. I was fishing a nice little creek up in the Two Rivers/Manitowoc area and was catching a lot of coho salmon. There a good amount of rain that pushed some fish up stream and I happened to get lucky with this beauty.


My first wild brown trout fishing a small creek in Sheboygan.


First carp on a fly, again with the good ol trusty black woolly bugger!


Brook trout from a Waukesha stream


Catch of the year!


A very very lucky catch while practicing spey casts! I was working on my spey casts on August 8 of 2013 and expecting maybe a bass or two to take my fly, but definitely not this fish. As my fly swung through a rock pile, it just stopped suddenly. When I set the hook, the fish felt heavy, so I thought... hmmm.. Carp??? That was until it took off like a torpedo downstream! This skamania steelhead really got my heard pumpin' hard!


Hopefully my 2014 adventures are just as exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment